Tuesday 29 December 2009

Happy New Year 2010

people have asked me what it is that motivates me to shine so bright, to be so positive, to send out love and kindness and compassion. i tell them it's because i can't go back into the darkness. if i shine my light, then others will reflect it back to me and i can bask in their radiance, stay in the light and be a bright shiny mirror for people who need me. it is on the days that i feel the darkness creeping back that i try to be the most positive, sending out as much love and light as possible and feeling so grateful for the love and light i'm given in return.

there are, however, a few people who have seen me in the darkness and who have held my hand until i found the strength to raise myself up from out of the deep dark well of despair. it takes an amazing person to do that, to sit in the darkness with someone, because it's very draining and they give up light for a while in order to do so. this is compassion in its highest degree.

it is thanks to them and to the people who shine their lights of love, laughter and smiles that 2010 will be a light year for me, a year in which my mirror will become so shiny bright, that i will be able to enter the darkness and hold the hands of others when necessary.

No comments:

Post a Comment